thanks, this was the point :-) I cleaned now the 3 locos on the hard way. I sprayed break cleaner through the trucks and the shafts. There was a lot of dirt and old fluid, put some "Trockenschmiermittel" (from Z-High-Tech, a special oil for our locos) on the gears and shafts. Nor they run normal as a few years ago. :-))
Post by nscaler711 on Jul 25, 2022 21:07:50 GMT -5
Ok Guys, so I've Already contacted support, but tonight I had one snap while while trying to put it back in, and I need a better solution, clearly N scale style pick up strips are a HORRIBLE idea in Z. The only thing I'd say that could rectify that design is three ways, if you are going to "copy" N scale locomotive mechanisms anyway. The Bachmann way: truck contacts rub directly on frame. The (new) Atlas design: wires soldered on truck contacts that plug into the frame halves. The Kato way (my favorite) strips that contact the frame like the AZL set up, BUT the fuel tank that is a separate part that has tabs that keep the contact strips from sliding out of the sides of the frame.
Sorry for the rant... this locomotive has nearly seen the inside of the bin a few times now over these damned pick up strips, well that and the zinc pest issue... which was remedied! I'm just at a loss, I've put some effort into making this specific GP38 look good. Also, I am a aware that I've zombiefyed this thread.